Property Tax Timeline
<! ========= Cool Timeline Free 2.5 =========>
- Property values are assessed based on their value as of January 1.
- Last day to pay property taxes (for last year’s assessment) before late payment penalties are incurred.
- Notices of Appraised Value mailed by local appraisal districts. We recommend contacting us as soon as possible after receiving this notice so we can start filing your protest!
- Last day to file Business Personal Property (BPP) Renditions. There will be a 10% penalty for failure to render or for rendering late.
- Protest Deadline!
- May 15 or 30 days after your Notice of Appraised Value was postmarked (whichever is later) is the last day to file a property tax appeal with the local appraisal district. If May 15 is a weekend or holiday, the deadline is pushed to next business day
- Be sure to contact us before this date so we can file your protest!
May – Fall
- While some large counties start in April, most appraisal districts hold protest hearings from May through the fall.
October – November
- Tax bills are mailed.